The form, frequency, and amount of dividends paid to Boustead shareholders is based on the Board and leadership teams’ thorough evaluation of six key influencing factors, namely:
- Group profitability
- Financial health
- Capital allocation and expenditure requirements
- Operating cashflow requirements
- Acquisition and project investment opportunities
- Global business environment
In practice, and in place of a formal dividend policy, this prudent approach has resulted in a prolonged track record of paying dividends – linked to long-term net profit growth.
Boustead’s history of annual dividend payments includes:
- Seventeen consecutive years of dividend payments;
- Paying a total of 62.7 cents* in cash/scrip dividends over the past decade, which equates to almost 369% of the purchase price of the Boustead share at 17 cents at the beginning of FY2003; and,
- Paying a total of 80.9 cents in dividends over seventeen consecutive years, when factoring in the dividends in specie of Boustead Projects’ and EasyCall’s shares.
* Includes distributions of dividend in specie.